So I am a hormonal mess now. I was able to collect the AF like they wanted and they were able to test it. It scored 40 or 49 (I swore that I heard 49 last night, but that was at 3am) either way, it is rated as an intermediate maturity, not immature, but not mature either. So lungs are definitely maturing, but not fully done yet.
So, when the med student woke me up at 6:15, he confirmed the results of the test, and then said "So that means we won't be rushing into delivery anytime soon" I said ok and tried to go back to sleep.
At about 9:45, the doctor came in and says "so how do you feel about having a baby today?" Enter rollercoaster emotions...tears, unable to logically ask questions and get the info I needed. She left me to call Brian and then talk to her about it later.
Brian rushes like a mad man to get Greyson taken care of and get here before 11. She came in at about 10:30 and said that she wasn't going to induce because of my previous c-section and she wasn't the dr on call. So, this has been, even before noon, an ups and downs day.
So, I guess the current plan is, if nothing goes wrong, to wait until I naturally go into labor or hit 34 weeks, when they would be happier doing a c-section if that is what we want.
Now, I just need to relax...
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









I can totally see why all of this would cause a roller-coaster of emotions. Hang in there.
ReplyDelete