Monday, May 18, 2009

Pleasantly boring day....

In the high risk pregnancy floor, no news is good news. Meaning the more boring the better. My day has been quite uneventful, unless you include my tasks of:
  • eating (a lot....although I haven't gained a pound, in fact have lost 6 since being here)
  • reading...I started a new book today and am halfway thru..it's really good
  • napping, I have managed to take 2 naps today, despite the fact that there was a 2 year old in the next room who was having a tantrum, for about 15 minutes.

Baby is doing well, so well, that we are having a hard time monitoring heartrate. There is just so much movement. Especially after meals, try doing a nonstress test then and you won't get anything. Heartrate has been fluctuating between 140's when the baby is calm and 160's when moving all over.

At 3am the baby decided to keep me company as I wasn't able to sleep. How nice huh?

Tomorrow is likely to be boring as well, the big day will be Wednesday. I have an ultrasound where they will measure fetal growth, which I swear has to be immense. I feel the kid move all the time... They will also be measuring levels of amniotic fluid, which was 5.9 last time. I have been diligently drinking 120 oz of water a day to help replenish this. So that will be most likely when I have some real updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment