Well, little pumkin is a mover and shaker. I have been feeling him/her move ALL morning long, starting at 6am. While this is greatly reassuring, try to get a fetal monitor on a hyper baby...it doesn't happen so easily.
Remember the fetal monitor strip I posted a few days ago, where it shows fetal movement? Well, this is how it looked today: ____________ a thick black line that indicates he just didn't stop moving the whole time.
The baby woke up at 6am with me and kept going and going...and going. But once we held it in place we finally got great readings of a strong heartrate and no contractions.
I now have wheelchair ride privleges...so I made it out of the room for the first time yesterday! I get to go today too! Whoo hoo.
While out, we stumbled upon the "wall of babies". This is a celebratory section of the floor where parents have documented their baby's success stories. They have babies anywhere from 23-24 weeks (which is before "age of viability") to 34-36+ weeks. It was quite inspirational to see all the beautiful healthy babies that made it through a big struggle at such a young age.
I also have been corresponding with another mom from Michigan who was in my same situation about a year ago. She ruptured at 24 weeks, went home at 29 because they thought she had sealed up, started leaking a few days later and lost every bit of amniotic fluid, and then was back in the hospital for another 5 weeks. At 34 weeks, she delivered a healthy baby girl who only was in the NICU for a week and didn't need any respiratory assistance. Her little girl was born at 5 lb 10 oz and 19 inches! It is quite inspirational to me...and really reaffirmed my decision to hang here for at least another week.
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









Hooray for wheelchair privileges! I loved any new thing no matter how small to break up the monotony of the day. And I loved the days when my babies were active. It really is reassuring to feel them moving all over the place.
ReplyDelete