I always wonder if people get frantic thinking..."what happened, I didn't hear from her today?" when I miss a day. Yes, it was the first day that I missed doing an update, but it is basically because the day was pretty uneventful...which on this floor is GOOD.
I am boring the nurses, but they do fight over me. Seems I am a good patient who doesn't give them much trouble. They like that. And I like that.
Monitoring went well, minus the fact that Pumkin has no desire to stay on the monitor. (S)He would rather move around and have us try to find where (s)he went. Good strong heartbeat and lots of movement.
My blood sugars are all under control of diet, although I have had to learn what the real carbs of all the foods on the menu are as opposed to what they list them as. For example, the list a baked potato as 2 carb counts, but it really is about 4. Thus, I almost blew my levels by eating 1/2 of one. But that is part of this trial and error of diet control. At home, it is easy, because I can see all the labels.
Nothing much to report, I had a few visitors and went for a wheelchair ride, which is nice to get out of the room a little. Brian and Greyson are coming up today so it will be a good day!
Saturday, May 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment