Wednesday, May 27, 2009

venting...

I am sorry that I haven't been online as much, updating you all as to what all is going on. I have found that it is a little harder to write about anything that might be considered negative more than positive. But then again, the writing process does seem to be quite therapuetic.

So on Monday, things were a little rough. I had been told that the IV was going to be in longer and not only was it going to be in longer, it had to be replaced. Something that was done at about 6:30 in the morning. This was not really fun for me, but oh well, it is done.

Due to the gestational diabetes, my blood sugar is regularly monitored. The protocol here, is that it has to be drawn 1 hour after you start eating. I have to let them do it and I call when I am done eating so they can come draw at the right time. Monday, they showed up, what I thought was early and of course it was high, even though the same meal the day before had resulted in lower ##'s. So if I hadn't said anything I would to have insulin, which would have crashed my normal levels.

The part of the day that sucked the most was when it was time for monitoring, I had just woken up from a nap and was still groggy. I went to use the bathroom first and caught my leg on the sheet and crashed out of bed....landing mostly on my head. I have a nice mark on my forehead and nose and knees to show this act of grace, which of course wasn't good for the baby in a already fragile environment. I laid on the monitor for 6 hours and it didn't seem to phase baby.

So fast forward to Tuesday, I wake up with some fluid loss and bleeding, which they say is "normal" for my condition, but abnormal to me, because I haven't had that in 3 weeks. Rushed to u/s baby looks good, monitor, baby looks good, baby is still moving and active. That is all good, but I now have very low fluid levels and am being much more closely monitored.

If nothing else, it has put my sunny attitude in check and I have been kinda weepy and depressed since it happened. So I am just trying to remain as calm as possible because I know that is best for baby.

You are now updated for the last few days...

3 comments:

  1. hey there----you hang in there and keep your chin up...you are one tough chick...You are doing such a good job--you are so strong---and you have a lot of heart! You are going to be home in no time with your new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't get discouraged...I can't imagine how difficult this is for you. Just 2 more weeks...you can do it! That's only 14 days...start the count down. I'm so glad that the baby is doing good still.

    ReplyDelete
  3. venting is a good thing and it's w/ people who love and care about you~ I do clumsy things like that w/ no excuse---like running in to parking meters...Remember good Mother's Day gifts~thanks for the update

    ReplyDelete