Today is father's day....on this day, I thought I might reflect on how very amazed I am at the way Brian has handled this whole situation. I have learned that traumatic situations (which seriously have been life or death situations for Gunner and me both) bring out the best and or worst of people and you very quickly learn who you can count on. It reinforced my thoughts that I made the best, right, and only choice for my husband.
Brian has stepped in and did whatever needed to be done. When I was in the hospital he handled a busy busy now 3 year old. He visited me almost daily driving an hour and a half or 25 minutes, without blinking. When Gunner was born, he was in the NICU literally getting his hands dirty, jumping in for diaper changes and just being there the whole time that they made sure he was stablized.
So, on his day, even without both of the boys home, we celebrate the best Daddy in the world.
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









This is a great post and so much of it rings true for me with my husband. The hospital bedrest/complicated pregnancy/premature baby thing is so hard on everyone in different ways I think. Sounds like you have a great husband. And I'm so happy to read each update about your little guy who's doing so well. I hope he can come home to you soon.
ReplyDelete