Little Gunner continues to amaze us. He is just the sweetest baby. He has the "schedule" of the NICU down. He wakes up and cries right before it is time to eat, which happens at 8, 11, 2, 5 in the am and pm. During this time he is so alert and awake and it's great to see him acknowledge and recognize our voices.
He also has taken a big liking to the paci, especially right before he eats. This is great because it shows he is developing his sucking reflex/skills, very necessary to eat.
Brian is amazing with him. He is so comfortable and has changed many a diaper and has logged in hours holding him. So today, I decided since I have been feeling much better and starting to really recover, to spend some extra time with him. I made it down there for several feedings, changed a couple of diapers, and held him a lot.
I have been doing my duty, pumping every 3 hours, as he is getting to where he is eating a half an ounce (16cc's) at each sitting. This is really helping his billirubin levels, along with chilling on the glow blanket.
I am getting discharged tomorrow, which of course will be hard, but we do know he is in great hands here.
Monday, June 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









Congrats! What a handsome boy! I'm so glad you and baby are both doing well.
ReplyDeletewhat a cutie. glad you guys are all doing well and starting to adjust to schedules. seeing the posted photos is great, Greyson is sooo big too.
ReplyDeletesee you soon
Jamie