Sunday, June 7, 2009

Baby Update!!!




Well, I am sitting watching some mindless tv, next thing you know, I'm having a baby. Yes, that is right, Gunner Martin Young has made his appearance. Here are the stats:

Born: 6/5/09 at 5:05pm

Weight: 4lb 0.6oz

Length: 17.5 in

He is doing fantastic. He breathed "room air" from moment one, had a little oxygen, but no longer needs it. He is being monitored for oxygen levels, temperature, and has an IV due to the fact that I was ruptured for so long, just to prevent infection. He does have a feeding tube, but it is because he is only 33 weeks, but they want to intro him to breastfeeding asap. He is already taking colostrum/milk, started that on day 2. He is a little champ, or warrior, hence the name Gunner, which means "bold warrior"...

I only have 2 pics, in which I look quite drugged, but really I am not, as the pain I was feeling would dictate...but then I got the drug pump. That was some good stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats!! Especially since it sounds like your little Gunner is doing so well. (and I agree the drug pump is good stuff).

    ReplyDelete