Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Day 5 Updates...Mommy is hormonal

So, I would like to start by it is amazing to sleep in your own bed, even if it was only for 3 hours. I am up every 3 hours and every 3 hours I changed positions and sleeping location. Started on the couch, that hurt to get up and hit the bathroom, went to the recliner, that is comfortable to sit in, but not sleep in. Then I finally went up to my bed....ahhh.

I am still healing and it isn't easy to take it easy, especially when you have a sweet little boy all by himself...but that little guy is doing awesome. He is eating more and more. They have upped his feedings to 26cc (which is almost a full ounce) 8 times a day and lowered his IV fluids to 4 units an hour. They hope to discontinue the IV sometime this week. As he is tolerating the food so well. When that happens, he may move to the 3rd floor.

The IV needed to be replaced today, which was so much harder on mommy than him. I bawled. It was hard to see him have to go thru it and I left the room. It took an hour to finally get it in and after three tries in three places, he was getting pretty fiesty so it went in his sweet little head vein. Mommy bawls again.

He is under the bililytes today and they hope the phototherapy will help get his levels down. I guess it is more common in breastfed babies for the regulation of the billirubin to take a little longer. So we didn't get to hold him, which of course is hard, but we also know if he needs the phototherapy, in the long run this will help him get better faster.

So there may not be any photo updates for a few days. I can't stand to see him with his little head IV.

No comments:

Post a Comment