Thursday, November 19, 2009

Giving Thanks...Day 8

Today, I give thanks for the handful of people I trust to leave my children with. It is a select few and if you are in that minority, thank you and you should feel special.


I read once that a woman has to wear her heart on the outside of her body forever, once she has a child. Whoever wrote this, could be no more right. My boys, my babies, mean the world to me. Because of this, I am very selective about who gets to watch over them while I am not there. This is the reason Brian or I drive an extra 30 minues to an hour each day to get Greyson and Gunner to hands we trust.

Up until I went in the hospital this summer Greyson had never stayed the night anywhere, always at home in his own bed with Mommy and Daddy to wake up to in the morning. This summer he spent a lot of time with his Auntie Lindsey at her house and she is his teacher at Preschool. With his allergies, I am very leery of having him in the hands of anyone but a family member. His Aunties Sunny and Lindsey are such special people, they have earned our seal of approval!

And Gunner....well take me fear and anxities with Greyson and multiply them by 80 (that is the number of days that I spent on bed rest and days he spent in the NICU) and you have my level of fear. Preemies are not like full term babies. They eat differently, need to be burped differently, have different immune systems, etc. The only person that saw that day in and out was Mimi, who choose to be there daily with me. Because of that, she earned the privilege of caring for Gunner while we are at work.

When it comes to the rare occasion that Mommy and Daddy get a night out, it is Aunt Sunny who comes to our house so the boys can be in their environment, their beds and be comfortable. This is such a blessing. To know they are home safe and comfortable.

To those special people, we definitely give thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment