Thursday, November 19, 2009

Giving Thanks...Day 10

Today, I give thanks for my job. I knew from day one that this was meant to do. For those of you who don't know, I am an instructor at a community college in rural Michigan. I have been at SMC for five years now and I love it.

Teaching is my passion and I consider the chance to shape who my students will become and educate sincerley a privilege. I have found that as I became a mother and now the experiences of the summer, only make me love my job more and appreciate my chance to share with my students things that are really important. Yes, it is related the ciriculum, I teach developmental psychology.

However, aside from the teaching aspect, I still appreciate my job. Yes, I live in Michigan, so to have one is a blessing alone, with the unemployment rate being 15.1% (my husband being one of the unlucky statistics).

The schedule is probably one of the most amazing parts of my job. The flexibility I am allowed has made it possible for me to be a mom, seeing my sons go through their babyhood, take them to doctor appointments, and shelter Gunner from the big bad RSV germs. Due to my summers off, I also missed no work during my bedrest and Gunner's time in the NICU, so instead of being really stressed with finances, we are only a little stressed :)

Today, I give thanks for my job.



found that I love it more everytime something happens that I have always enjo





The flexibility in my schedule has

No comments:

Post a Comment