Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Giving Thanks...Day 1


I have been challenged to come up with something that I am thankful for each day until Thanksgiving. While there are so many things that I am thankful for and that I feel blessed with, I have to start with what makes the majority of those possible. My husband, my partner, and the love of my life, Brian.

I am so thankful for him, because he is w.hy I made it through this rough summer, he is the reason I have two beautiful children (one who is delightfully cooing right next to me), he is why I am as happy as I am today and everyday.

I wrote earlier today, that this summer's experience, the hospital bedrest and NICU time was actually bittersweet. How could something like that be any part of sweet? Becuase the outpouring of support was so amazing. I felt so loved and am so grateful for it all. But who of course was the moving force behind that? My sweet husband. He called many times a day, he visited regularly, he took care of our little boy at home, and just kept me sane.

He is an amazing father. He plays hard with Greyson even if he just worked a 10 hour day, he wakes him up and makes getting ready to go to school at 6:50am fun, he coos right back at Gunner, and snuggles with him when I have to work late. All of this simply makes my heart melt.

Today, I give thanks for my hubby.

1 comment:

  1. Aww this is a great post, I'm glad you have a great husband too. And I'm excited that you're doing the daily thankful exercises. I look forward to reading the rest (and I'm eagerly anticipating your birth story on the 17th).

    ReplyDelete