If you are at all familiar with preemies, you know exactly how lucky we are. Gunner has really had none of the standard "preemie issues"...no respiratory issues, no apnea spells, no surgeries, no brain bleeds, the list goes on. These are issues a lot of preemie parents have to deal with.
Our one and only issue is that he needs to be able to eat on his own...and he is working very hard at it. However, we all have to remember, he isn't even supposed to be here yet. Mommy is supposed to be fat and miserable right now...and instead I am feeling good and almost completely healed from the c-section. I also have my postpartum check up before my due date...that is weird.
I reflect on this luck and good fortune because I saw one of our NICU neighbors heading to the North Campus, wheeling their sweet baby boy to surgery. I nearly lost it. I was immediately moved to near tears and thought...how luch we are.
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









I'm so glad your little one is doing so well. I could have written this exact post. Emerson did have some breathing issue in the beginning but overall both are doing so well and exceeded all expectations. I also felt the same way seeing some of the other babies in our NICU, we were/are so blessed. How is Gunner's eating coming along? Is he getting close to discharge?
ReplyDelete