Time till the walk and the forecast for Saturday...I will keep you on a day to day update!
I am sure you are all getting a little tired of hearing about the March of Dimes and what they do and how I am trying to raise money for them, but I will be honest, I think that I have a lot more unresolved issues with Gunner's birth and NICU stay than I even realize. I most often don't really think about it. But, I say that, because all it takes is for me to see or meet someone who is fighting the same fight I am, raising money for the March of Dimes or telling their story of their little one born too soon.
For example, today I ran into Walmart and by the time I came out I see a familiar sight, a bright purple "family team" t-shirt that I know too well. This shirt is the uniform of someone who like me, rode that NICU rollercoaster, didn't get to take their baby home with them, fed their baby through a tube, pumped instead of nursed, maybe even lost a baby, and was also helped by the March of Dimes.
I chatted with her, made small talk, swapped GA's of our babies and said see you next weekend. She is walking for her 2lb 27 weeker next weekend. Truth be told, as soon as I got to my car I broke down in tears. Broke down because I know this is another family touched by prematurity. Touched to the point of action. I don't know this woman, but I know all to well her story.
So, do I apologize for getting on a soapbox on Gunner's Blog, that you may come to expecting to find amazing updates on this preemie miracle? Maybe, but I don't apologize fighting this fight for all those families who are in the trenches right now, not lucky enough to get their full nine months. So, bear with me...maybe next year I will have a blog dedicated to just that. But truth be told, although this is Gunner's Blog, this is also his story too. He was the 1 of 8 babies that is born prematurely...so he will always be a MOD baby.
He is why we walk...and probably always will.
Saturday, April 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment