Sunday, October 25, 2009

Random thoughts at "Quiet Time"




Just enjoying another day of RSV hibernation/deer hunting widowdom...that means making cookies with Greyson (Grama D's famous molasses cookies, which is special in itself, because when you include Greyson in the mix, that is 4 generations of tradiation) and cuddling with Gunner.

We hope Brian is successful in the woods, that will fill the freezer, which means I have to go to Bronson and drop off milk...since Brian is now laid off (not that he has gotten a pay check in the last 6 weeks) so this will be a stressful winter. But, let's not talk money...

Nothing really special to report, besides the fact that Gunner is now over 13 lbs, which I know because we went into the peditrician's yesterday because he has been stuffy for so long and I was worried it might be getting into his ears causing an infection...yep, we caught it very early, but now he has to take antibiotics 2x's a day. So, yes, that means he will need 2-3 viles of synagis for RSV.

So here are my random thoughts that I promised:




  • Today has been quite productive...I have already sanitized the house and made three dinners for the week.
  • Too many women together almost always spells drama. Especially when the whole truth is not involved.
  • My new favorite scents are lysol and bleach...too bad my hands are taking the brunt of this new obsession.
  • Brian has officially diagnosed me as nuerotic. I lysoled the air after my brother stopped by and coughed in our living room.
  • Money is the root of all evil. I have heard this many times...I now know it to be true.
  • Lifetime movie marathons (which is what happens when Brian goes hunting) reminds me of hospital bedrest.
  • In hindsight, with a sleeping prince next to me, hospital bedrest wasn't that bad!
  • I am getting emotional as I pack away baby clothes Gunner has outgrown. He is now in 0-3 months, but soon will be in 3-6. He is growing like crazy!
  • Gunner has a favorite blanket. It is a pale green hand-me-down from Greyson that seemingly never appealed to him. It is a "nany" (na-nee) which means a thermal blanket with a silky trim. Every kid in my family had one, except me. He especially loves it when he gets tired and wants to cuddle with it and his paci. That is the only time he wants a paci...otherwise he acts like it gags him. here is the infamous blanket.


  • Gunner is cooing, smiling and communicating with us. He very soon will be babbling, as I have heard him do it on accident. He also follows people and objects and voluntarily grabs and transfers from hand to hand. He is behaving much like a 4 month old baby, which is right in where should be in terms of developmental milestones on both motor and social scales.

  • We tried the jumperoo...not so interested yet...but he fits, which is a huge deal. I just wanted to see if it was anything he wanted to try. Not yet, so we will stick to a lot of floor time and in the bouncy seat. I took a pic of him in it just for fun...



  • Greyson is very concerned about "his baby", if Gunner should cry, he makes it known "his baby" needs to be taken care of! This has been happening several times a day when I have to suction him (not to mention in the middle of the night!)


  • One more pic of Greyson that I am in love with. He is actually **smiling** not saying "cheese" which produces the most odd looking face.


    Remember, November is almost here....




No comments:

Post a Comment